We are an asset management company (SGR) that exclusively offers sustainable and responsible mutual funds designed to “represent the values of ethical finance in financial markets and focus the attention of the public on socially responsible investment and corporate social responsibility” (Art. 4 Etica Funds articles of association).
Etica Funds was founded in 2000 on the conviction that analyzing issuers (businesses and countries) from an ESG viewpoint can deliver greater value in terms of performance. Etica sustains a constant dialogue with the management, and exercises its voting rights in the shareholders’ meetings, of the companies in which its funds invest, in order to urge companies towards more responsible behaviour and help them achieve this goal.
The company has signed up to the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) and was the first Italian asset manager to make concrete a commitment on climate change by signing the Montréal Carbon Pledge beginning in 2015.
“As investors we must be aware of the consequences of the use of our savings and reaffirm the importance of values and ethics in money management.”
From the Political/Strategic Manifesto of the Parent Banca Etica.
Etica Funds was founded with the aim of encouraging families and institutions to invest in those businesses and countries most attentive to the social and environmental consequences of their actions.
In the pursuit of its statutory mission and in its relationships with all stakeholders, Etica Funds sets out to be as economically effective and efficient as possible, while at the same time attentive to governance, social and environmental issues.
- Etica Funds promotes financial investment in the securities of issuers that distinguish themselves for their attention to the social and environmental consequences of their behaviour (Sistema Etica).
- Etica Funds takes an active part, also through its delegates, in the shareholders’ meetings of the businesses in which it invests and exercises the voting rights associated with the securities in its portfolio (shareholder engagement).
- Subscribers to Etica Funds funds may voluntarily devolve one euro in every thousand to a fund dedicated to supporting microfinance and crowdfunding initiatives in Italy (Our impact).
- Etica proposes to represent the values of ethical finance in financial markets and focus the attention of the public on socially responsible investment and corporate social responsibility” (ESG Consulting).
Articles of association
Etica’s Articles of Association specify:
- The constitution of the company, its name, head offices, scope, group membership, its purpose and duration;
- The share capital, assets, equities, as well as the board of directors approval of transfers of shares or options for whatever reason and the eventual withdrawal of shareholders;
- The procedures for convening a shareholders’ meeting, the right to speak and representation;
- The administration model, the rules, powers and roles of the Board of Directors;
- The composition of the Board of Statutory Auditors and the accounting controls;
- The accounting principles and the destination of profits;
- The rules for the winding up and liquidation of the company.
The current Articles of Association were approved by the Extraordinary Shareholders’ Meeting of 27 May 2020.
“Etica Funds promises to represent the values of ethical finance in financial markets and focus the attention of the public on socially responsible investment and corporate social responsibility.
All company activity is characterized by the maximum transparency.”
Article 4 Etica Funds Articles of Association
In the pursuit of its statutory mission and in its relationships with all stakeholders, Etica Funds sets out to be as economically effective and efficient as possible, and responsible and attentive to the governance, social and environmental issues.
All company activity is based on the following key values:
- Centrality of, and respect for, the person
- Responsible use of resources
|Company name||Etica Sgr S.p.A.|
|Head Office||Via Napo Torriani, 29 – 20124 Milano
Tel. 02.67071422 – Fax 02.67382896
|Contacts||How to contact us|
|Company constitution||5 December 2000|
|Share capital||4,500,000 euros. Company under the management and coordination of Banca Popolare Etica|
|Tax and VAT no.||13285580158|
|Registered with the Bank of Italy||OICVM no. 32 Asset Manager section|
|Products||Sustainable and responsible mutual funds – Sistema Etica|
|Activities||Investment management services pursuant to Article 33 of D. Lgs. no. 58 of 24/02/1998 (TUF)|
|Services||Consulting services for institutional clients|
|Shareholders||• Banca Etica (51,47%)
• Banco BPM (19,44%)
• BPER Banca (10,00%)
• Banca Popolare di Sondrio (9,87%)
• Cassa Centrale Banca-Credito Cooperativo Italiano (9,22%)
|Assets at 31/12/2018||3.5 billion euros|